I had a number of problems when I tried to use the radio:
- RF in the radio head unit, causing the display to
- Intermitant high SWR depending on if it is raining or not (Better SWR when wet)
- Intermitant rebooting of the radio.
I then proceed to cut 4 x 1ft lengths of the braiding, put two pieces together and krimped a ring connector to end one.
FIX 1: I then connected this to the Maldol adjustable mount and drilled a hole in the tailgate (Inside & out of view) crimped another Ring connector and screwed it to hatch lid.
FIX2: Same double strap of RG213 Braid across the hatch back lid hinge, making a solid RF contact between the main car body and the hatch back lid.
Results: 95% of the RF issues have disappeared, I still need to put some ferites on the cable between the head and the transciever. On air results have been much more impressive. Talked to a number of stations whilst out and about over the weekend and cannot believe the difference on received signal reports, whilst talking to a UT5 station this morning I got a 5.9+20db and he almost accused me of not being mobile at all. The main thing I am pleased about is home much more I can hear. Now mobile operating is a pleasure and I will endeavour to take some pictures later today and post them to hopefully make my description above clearer.