24.8.09

New Antenna Needed!

Been thinking about how best to install a doublet antenna in my available space and purely by chance I was talking to my neighbour this afternoon & get this "they suggested hanging it from the tree at the bottom of their garden". How very kind of them.

This will allow me to install an antenna which has it's main lobes pointing east / west, which should improve the current situation greatly. At the moment my main antenna is an inverted L fed with a CG3000 auto ATU at the base. So hopefully i'll be building and installing the antenna tomorrow. I'll let you know how it performs.

I have decided to follow the advice of Mr Cebik and go for an 88ft doublet, which equates to 44ft in my garden and 44ft over next doors and into their tree.

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment